ViscoSpot heel cushions are clinically proven 95% effective for the initial treatment of heel pain (plantar fasciitis). Once you experience the relief offered by Visco Spot you will want a pair for all your shoes! Bauerfeind ViscoSpot's are non-compressible, viscoelastic
silicone heel cushions that have a softer blue spot correctly placed for additional cushioning where heel pain originates. Made of high quality, medical grade silicone, Bauerfeind ViscoSpot heel cups provide superior comfort and long lasting effectiveness. Features:
- Slight Medial posting redirect pressure away from the painful area.
- 1/2 inch lift takes tension off the plantar fascia to relieve pain
- Superior shock absorbing qualities reduce shock to the joints and vertebral column
- Does not absorb odors or exude oil like some heel cushions
- Easy to clean with soap and warm water
- Available in pairs to prevent leg length discrepancies.
- Can be switched from one pair of shoes to another
- ViscoSpot's do not contain latex and do not absorb odors
ViscoSpot Bilateral is available with the softer blue spot in both heel cushions. ViscoSpot Unilateral is available with the softer blue spot in either the left or right heel cushions. The opposite heel cushion does not have a softer spot. ViscoSpot is supplied in pairs.
- Plantar fascitis - A partial or complete tear in the fascia (fibrous connective tissue) of the bottom of the foot. It is characterized by pain just under the heel bone.
- Back pain
- Heel Spurs - A hard bony shelf as wide as the width of the heelbone caused by repeated pulling away of the periosteum from the heelbone
A recent study conducted by Foot and Ankle Surgeons proved that wearing ViscoSpot heel cushions combined with stretching is the most effective method for relieving plantar fasciitis pain (heel pain), with a 95% success rate! ViscoSpot also worked better than all Over-The-Counter heel cushions tested and was rated more effective than expensive custom orthotics costing $300-$400.
- Clinically proven 95% effective for relieving plantar facitis pain (heel pain)
- Shock absorbing material also relieves general foot, knee and back pain
- Comfortable, medical-grade silicone doesn't change shape or compress
- Blue silicone is 2 1/2 times softer than the clear silicone and accurately positioned for maximum cushioning at the most sensitive area
- Wedged to redirect pressure away from painful area
- 1/2 lift takes tension off Achiles tendon and plantar fascia
- Tapered under mid-foot for comfortable fit
- Easy to clean with soap and warm water, doesn't absorb odors, and doesn't exude oil like some silicone heel cushions.
- Durable for long-lasting wear
Q. What are they made of?
A. Medical grade, viscoelastic silicone. The blue areas are less dense for added cushioning at the pressure points of the foot.
Q.Is there Latex in the Visco Products?
Q. What are the advantages of the material?
A. Doesn't lose its shape or compress, doesn't absorb odors, durable, comfortable, doesn't exude oil like some other silicone products, excellent shock absorbing qualities.
Q. How long do they last?
A. It depends on how often and vigorously they are used, but they usually last the lifetime of the shoe. Some people have used them five years or more!
Q. Is a prescription required to buy the products?
A. No, you can buy our products without a prescription, although we cannot extend a guarantee.
Q. Are there any contraindications (reasons not to wear these products)?
A. Hypersensitive reactions harmful to health have not been reported to date. In the following conditions, such aids should only be fitted and worn after consultation with your doctor: Skin disorders/injuries in the relevant part of the body, particularly if inflammation is present. Any raised scars with swelling, redness and excessive heat build-up. Please check with a medical professional before trying this or any other medical product.
Q. Why are they sold in pairs? Can I buy just 1 cushion/insole?
A. Bauerfeind heel cushions and insoles are always sold in pairs to prevent leg length discrepancies, which can cause back or joint problems. In the case of ViscoHeel N, you can wear just one heel cushion per your doctor's recommendation to compensate for an existing leg length discrepancy.
Q. How thick are they? Can I wear them in women's high heel shoes?
A. ViscoSpot has about a ? lift at the back of the heel. They fit best in sports or casual shoes. They may not work well in heels, as they may push the heel out of the shoe and put too much pressure on the toes.
Q. Can I wear them with custom orthotics?
A. We do not recommend putting them on top of or under custom orthotics, as it may alter the effectiveness of the orthotic. Please check with a medical professional.
Q. Should I take out the existing insole in my shoe before putting in your product?
A. Our ViscoSpot, ViscoHeel N and ViscoHeel K heel cushions can be placed on top of your existing insole. When using our ViscoPed or ViscoPed S insoles, the wearer should remove the existing insole if possible and replace it with our insole. We do not recommend putting them on top of or under custom orthotics, as it may alter the effectiveness of the orthotic. Please check with a medical professional.
Q. How are they sized?
A. Sizing is based on men's and women's shoe sizes.
Q. How are they cleaned?
A. They should be washed often with soap (hand or dishwashing soap) and warm water to cut down on residue and grit which decreases the life of the product. The silicone is stable and will not ooze out.
Q. Can I use them playing active sports?
A. Absolutely. They are great shock absorbers. ViscoPed and ViscoPed S will, however, break down faster when playing a sport with a lot of side to side movements, like tennis.
Q. What can they be used for?
A. Heel pain, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, leg length discrepancies, shock absorption and fat pad atrophy.
Q. What makes them better than what I've tried in the past?
A.Clinically proven 95% effective in a study conducted by the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society; Rated more effective than any of the other heel cushions tested including $300-$400 custom orthotics. Comfortable, durable materials Softer, blue spot correctly placed in the area most sensitive to heel pain Wedged to redirect pressure away from painful area Approx. 12 lift takes tension off of Achilles tendon and plantar fasciia.
Q. Why do they cost more than heel cushions I see in retail stores?
A. They are a medical product with proven effectiveness and durability; therefore, they are an excellent value. The material is also the highest quality available. ViscoHeel N/ViscoHeel K
***The contents of the Painreliever.com website are for informational purposes only. The content is
not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should not use the information
on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or
other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional
medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Painreliever.com website. Read Full Disclaimer